Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's raining...

The temperatures here in NY dropped quite dramatically (at least for the last few days) and if you ignore the weather forecast, you get the feeling that the fall is here to stay.
It's rainy, kind of cold and the streets are filled with Hunter wellies. Im not a big fan but after spending the whole day with my feet soaked in water and my Jil Sander flats threatening to fall apart because of the rain, I think I will have to reconsider...


Photobucket


Still, I think I like New York better when it's rainy and cold, somehow it feels more romantic... I'm slowly discovering the city. Usually I'm very lazy when it comes to discovering and learning new places. Some of my friends would already know the best restaurants and the best shops, the best art galleries, museums, concerts etc...This is not my case. I barely go to museums and do not read tourist guides. It takes me forever to finally go somewhere and there are still many parts of NY I don't know very well. I have to admit that it took me almost three weeks to finally go to Barneys! Luckily I do have friends who know the city well and show me everything I need to see. On my own I tend to quietly enjoy the everyday life and avoiding tourist places as if I'm a real New Yorker ;)


Photobucket



On my last post a reader mentioned that she misses Milan pictures. This doesn't come to me as a surprise, because as much as I enjoy New York, the impact it has on me is not as deep. Even though I know so many people who loathe Milan, I kind of love it. This is what made me take so many pictures and add about 20 albums to my Facebook page during my stay there. The other day I noticed that we barely take pictures of New York, which is a shame because I love having pictures to look at and reminisce. So in the following posts I will try to document more of the city. It totally deserves a central place in my blog at this point.



Meanwhile here's another indoor photos. Im wearing one of the simplest and loved outfits. It cheers me up to wear florals when it's raining and I believe that with woolen tights and khaki jacket or parka ( I need to get one!) this outfit will continue to cheer me up until the late fall.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh and this is what you can see from my window if you try really hard..:)