Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My last ebay/etsy experience

I'm not a frequent eBay buyer. Actually I rarely do online shopping, period. First of all many stores don't ship to Israel and second, the shipping price which makes the whole thing really not worth it (most of the times).

My first experience with eBay was very positive. I took a chance and bought a pair of Chloe shoes, from a seller with zero feedback...that's how bad I wanted theses shoes. But gladly the seller was very nice and I received the shoes quickly and in excellent state.


But about a month ago I won a vintage dress...very pretty dress from an vintage eBay store. It said that the dress is in excellent vintage condition. I buy vintage very often and i do know how a vintage items in excellent condition should look like. The dress wasn't in that condition. It has a very weird smell and couple of very visible stains on it...the kind that you cannot get out of the fabric. I still love it very much, but I was a little bit disappointed.


Couple of days later I ordered a pair of Salvatore Ferragamo shoes from Etsy seller. Now these shoes came in very good condition...only I'm not sure if these are real Ferragamo shoes or a cheap knock off. And I tend to think that t is a knock off because the quality is not what expected at all.





The good thing that both items cost me about 50 $ so it's not a big deal, but it's still dissapointing...

But I'm determined not to give up...I still will be looking for bargains...:)