Monday, March 16, 2009

Working days

Another working week is starting and it's only going to get more stressful as the holidays arrive (Pesah). Everyone who works in retail dreads holidays because these are the busiest, craziest most surreal days, where the stores become one big mess full of people who waited for the last second, only to settle for what's left from those who were smart enough to buy things in advance... I have sort of a dual attitude towards this phenomenon. On one side, I hate it for I don't really have holidays because of that and once I get home, I'm soooo tired that family gathering and festive celebrations are the last thing on my mind.
On other hand it's really satisfying to know that you got through this, folded all the store back to the shelves (because by the end of the shift there are no clothes left, they are scattered all around in big piles) and even better if you did well with numbers too...everything becomes peaceful and organized again....
Well, I only hope that this will be my last year working from the inside of the store, and my next job will involve some more buying (or assisting: I know that I will have to work hard) as a fashion buyer for the stores.


Photobucket


This is one of these rare days when I wear jeans...really casual but quite comfy...My friend is a make up artist and she has some big project coming soon so she asked me to be her model for the project, and this was the first try....what do you say? My eyebrows are in really bad state and need some fixing....


Photobucket