Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Playing with vintage Givenchy

So finally I managed to arrange an outfit post. It took me finally learning how to use the timer on my camera. As you see, I wasn't very successful in my attempt but it's a first so I decided to post anyway. I am positively sure the dress will reappear on the blog so pardon me if you can't really see the pattern well.


Photobucket


Photobucket



Apparently, our current apartment is not photo friendly and needs extra lighting, this is why most of the images came out too dark to use. The images were retouched to appear brighter which with my bad Photoshop skills damaged the quality. 



Photobucket


Anyway, this dress was a crazy lucky find on Ebay: vintage Givenchy (ready to wear line) in great condition, 100% pure silk. I am so excited about it, especially because it looks like nothing I have ever seen before. The cut is pretty ordinary for its' time but the pattern and the colors simply take my breath away.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
(the comparison image is borrowed from style.com)


In some images it was paired with an oversized vintage sweater: a homage to Marc Jacobs sweater from FW2010 collection. I think I managed to get almost a complete replica, only mine is vintage and was bought on Etsy for 18 bucks. It is very bulky and has no shape but I love it! My boyfriend forbid me to wear it in public (talking about a complete man repeller), but of course I'm not going to listen to him :)



Photobucket

Forgive me for black and white images, I'm obsessed :)

Have a great week!