Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lately...

Lately I spend most of my time in our new apartment, rarely go out or dress up. This is mostly because redecorating, refurbishing and the rest of the verbs that describe all the chores that need to be done when you move to your new place, took much more time and effort than expected. And we're so far from being done.

In order to feel cozier in the empty carpet-less and curtain-less apartment I decided to create some focal points that will make me feel like something is coming together finally. One thing that makes me feel like home are my books. I didn't bring everything, the rest of the books will have to wait in my mom's library for their turn :)


For now I'm only concentrating on the living room, but the bedroom and the kitchen will follow next...


Photobucket

The type press letters were found at a flea market in NY. Later I saw someone doing the same thing on Selby.com. I swear I didn't copy!

Photobucket

The Sartorialist was a first book I bought in Milan. 

Photobucket

Pantones from the time I took a course in fashion design. Drawing was my favorite part and I recently re-discovered that I still love doing it. 

Photobucket

And while I love bow ties on models, mine will be purely a decoration at least for now. 



Photobucket

A rocking chair my mom wanted to throw out and I decided to adopt. I love how it's all beaten up...The new copy of Industrie magazine: I recommend it with passion!

Photobucket

Our friend brought us a stack of bamboo canes along with retro lampshades we now have in our kitchen and living room. Still deciding what to do with them.

Photobucket

Not a big fan of glass bowls, so this very heavy frying pan has a new use :)

Photobucket

My snugly from NY: is the warmest and softest thing ever. Stripes are quite a motive in this room.

Photobucket

Some school books and albums I enjoy revisiting from time to time...

I hope outfit post will follow soon. Now that I changed a city inside Israel I wonder how it will affect the pictures...


For now, have a great rest of the week and kisses!!!