Saturday, July 11, 2009

A little bit of edge

After browsing my blog, I realized that it hardly showed my edgier side, and mostly I choose to go for soft and romantic... Which is totally OK but doesn't really reflect the way I dress in real life as a whole. I do of course wear dresses, flowered skirts etc, but also I love studs, I have plenty of black clothes and I even own leather jacket (three actually) :)


Photobucket




Photobucket



So when I decided to make a post with my new Balenciaga shoes, I wanted go for an edgier version (far from being really edgy, which unfortunately I will never pull off). Hence, the leather, even though it was way too hot for leather, I loved the contrast between the lighting and the outfit... And I had lots of fun with the halter (that's why there are so many pictures in this post), probably will use it again is other posts!


Photobucket



Photobucket




The shirt was made by me, skirt is vintage from "Stella" boutique, vest: "Bezalel" market, belt: Castro, shoes: Balenciaga.



Photobucket

Photobucket



This outfit aside, I have another topic I wanted to discuss... While lusting after amazing vintage sequined dress, I couldn't quite justify buying it...It is amazing! So right for everything that is going on in fashion right now, it's simply not practical for where I live and I doubt I will have the courage to actually go out wearing it, at least here in Israel...

Have no doubts, I did buy it! But this subject is a bit sensitive since my closet contains plenty of clothes I enjoy owning and collecting (I plan to be a serious vintage collector when I'll grow up:))) but wore only once or twice (some are still waiting)... And I still wouldn't sell them even for twice the money I paid for it! Should I think about it as "Fashion is Art" thing, or maybe it's just simply very unpractical of me?


Photobucket


Photobucket
<


P.S: Starting from tomorrow (or the day after) I will publish the Hebrew version of the blog on
http://www.fashionista.co.il/, this blog will continue to work as usual, of course :)

Have a great week !

Kisses!!!