Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Can't stop...


Now it's official. I'm a shopaholic. Despite all the promises I made to myself, I just can't help myself when I'm in shops...

This time, I went to my favorite vintage shop, "Stella", to help the owner of the boutique to authenticate a Hermes bag she received from someone...After doing my homework for a whole weekend, I came to examine the bag. I have to mention that It's very hard to know what's fake If you never saw the real deal. But since it's kind of my hobby to tell what's real and what's fake (Especially on Ebay), I was ready to take the challenge. When I saw the bag, it wasn't that hard to tell that it's fake. Very well made, but fake...I asked myself, what a 6000$ or more bag should look like, and this bag didn't match my criteria, in terms of stitching and details...

Anyway, just to be sure I sent the pictures of the bag to the experts on The Purse Forum, and they proved me right...

Since I was already in the shop, I did a quick round and found a true treasures: a silk cardigan, very similar to those Thakoon showed on his runway for spring 2009...I just couldn't leave it there...And then...I found the most perfect vintage piece I've ever seen...It was a whole YSL outfit: a vest, a blouse and a skirt. The skirt and the vest are knitted and the blouse matches the color...very "school teacher" and very me...I just couldn't let it get away, and since I kind of already spent too much this month, I asked to put it aside for me, for a couple of weeks (Thank goodness the owner is very very nice)...I just can't wait to get my hands on it and to wear it...I'll post photos as soon as I buy it...

The photo:
cardigan: vintage from Stella
skirt: I made myself
The belt +tank: Castro (Israeli high street store)
shoes: Zara