Saturday, January 24, 2009

Green and blue

I have a very long story with this dress...It's vintage, I suppose from 1970's...When I first saw it at my favourite vintage boutique, it was very expensive and long...and while I loved the long version, it was clear that I won't wear it as often as I would like...so I left it there...on every visit I came back to the dress, looked at it and once again left it at the shop...even half a price it was still too expensive...but then one day the shop had 50% off in addition to the previous discount, and the dress was shortened so it would be easier to sell it...and of course I bought it in a minute! for a quarter of it's original price!
I has a very delicate pattern and still has it's original belt which is nice...I decided to stay in the same color palette in the outfits, because I didn't want to loose the bright mood the dress has...but I think it would also look great with brown accessories and chunky heels...
The shoes are my first designer pair I bought (about 2 years ago). They're Dries Van Noten and they're not that comfortable as I expected them to be, but I love them...
Dress: Vintage
Jacket: vintage Celine (the second one is also vintage but without a label)
Scarf: Hanes



Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket