Friday, July 17, 2009

My favorite kind of flowers

I will never get enough of flower dresses, especially vintage ones... there is something about older designs that makes the dresses much more romantic and not as loud as the modern prints...


Photobucket


Photobucket

Like this vintage Ted Lapidus I bought about a year ago and still can't fall out of love with...Even though the colors are quite flashy, the flowers are big and the print is all over the dress, it manages to stay delicate and soft. So delicate in fact that I didn't even hesitate when I paired it with these crazy fringe heels...

Photobucket

Photobucket


They are sort of show stoppers themselves, but they seemed to be working with the print and the overall mood of the outfit...



Lately I'm pulled in two totally different directions: one is more minimalist, makes me to go for T-shirts and jeans, undertones and clean cuts... The other one loves ruffles, flowers, everything pattern and textured (the more the merrier)... And I don't know to which part to succumb each time I'm getting dressed (I know every girl has this problem but the intensity of this inner conflict is really confusing me)... 


Photobucket

Photobucket

Anyway, even though it is confusing I do love to have those kind of shifts, because it makes fashion and dressing much more interesting and challenging... Just when you think you had your whole wardrobe figured out... Something else comes up: new aesthetic, new blogger, new city and makes you reconsider your whole approach towards clothes...



Photobucket

Dress: vintage Ted Lapidus, shoes: Sergio Rossi, belt: Zara, bracelet: random market in NY. 


Photobucket

By the way, the Hebrew version of the blog is up on Fashionista.co.il :)

Have a great weekend!!! Kisses!